Loftus Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade began as the Loftus Bush Fire Brigade in 1954. We were stationed in a tin shed with one fire fighting appliance, since then we have moved once to our present location in what was then a significant upgrade of facilities.
This quickly grew confined in space due to the ever growing roles of the Rural Fire Service and our strong membership base.
In 2002, with help from community donations, and joint funding by Sutherland Shire Council and Rural Fire Service we were again privileged to be built our new fire station.
Included were the facilities for meetings, catering and training, both indoor and out. The new station has provided us with sufficient room to house our two Cat 1 tankers and Personnel Carrier.